|Tell A Friend||Add To Job Cart||Apply Online|
|Production Control Administrator|
Express is a specialty apparel and accessories retailer of women's and men's merchandise, targeting the 20 to 30 year old customer. The Company has over 30 years of experience offering a distinct combination of fashion and quality for multiple lifestyle occasions at an attractive value addressing fashion needs across work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. The Company currently operates over 600 retail stores, located primarily in high-traffic shopping malls, lifestyle centers, and street locations across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada, and also distributes its products through the Company's e-commerce website, www.express.com.
The Production Control Administrator will guide the Production Control Analysts/Scheduler with providing tactical leadership for Express Production Availability Center functions by developing the batch job environments to improve operational efficiency of patch processing and system availability. They will be responsible for Control M system administration, problem resolution for issues that arise while monitoring system processes, job streams, job scheduling and perform analysis in a large EOC environment.
- Control M system administration. Provide Control M administration tasks – server administration, maintain high availability architecture, system upgrades, system backups, server restarts, install and configure Agents in a Windows, Unix and AS400 environment. Participate in the on call rotation for issues with Control-M.
- Control M job scheduling. Responsible for creating, analyzing, and tuning the Control M batch schedule for the enterprise. Create batch jobs, job groups, resources, filewatch, in/out & global conditions and Cyclic cycles.
- Monitor the batch environment to ensure timely completion of batch processes. Resolution for abends and batch delays. (Control-M)
- Second/third level responsibility for managing daily job processing and/or overnight batch cycles.
- Problem Management. Outage management (both scheduled and unscheduled outages), including coordinating the communication with the business, IT management, Stores and the technical resources working on the incident. Use documentation to triage incidents and escalation, as needed.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience: 8-12+ years of computer operations support with 5+ years batch scheduling experience is required, 3-5+ years of BMC Control M administration
- Application support and troubleshooting experience with Control-M Desktop/Manager 6.x - 8.x
- Manage enterprise level production control services
- Design, develop, and support production Control M jobs
- Excellent knowledge of the CTM, EM and CCM databases and structure
- Schedule, design, and operate production control jobs for the enterprise
- Experience with developing and debugging scripts such as PowerShell, Perl, and/or WMI
- Knowledge of data transmission protocols such as SFTP, HTTP
- Monitor existing jobs and Mentor other team members in this product
- Very strong knowledge of Control-M and its components. Must be able to install, configure, and troubleshoot Agents, EM and CTM Server
- Keep current with industry best practices for use of individual Control-M components (AFT, CM for DB, BIM, File Watch, Agents, Servers, EM), setting up cyclic job streams, maybe conditions, alerting and shouts, analyzing sysouts and job logs
- Gather requirements for creating batch streams and then build jobs to run efficiently in accordance with best practices and procedures
- Extensive experience with production service level reporting including incident, problem and change management, issue resolution and tracking systems
- Monitor company-wide systems, processes and applications in 24x7x365 environment
- Experience in providing technical leadership, guidance and training
- Outage management (for both scheduled and unscheduled outages), including coordinating the communication with the business, IT management, Stores and the technical resources working on the incident
- Must possess the ability to work with end users and technical support staff
- Work with development Teams to design, develop and implement additional application support services within the PAC and Service Delivery Team
- Be able and willing to be part of an on call rotation. When on call you will need to provide 24x7 primary support to PAC Analysts. This includes, but is not limited to, troubleshooting problems that arise with Control-M, and Cypress as well as escalation for environmental events i.e. network outages, system maintenance outages, or IT systems
- Expertise in troubleshooting Linux and Windows server applications
- Requires flexibility to cover any shift and perform cross training
- Control-M Certified Engineer
- Prior experience with Control M application upgrades
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Window domains and file permissions structure
- Ability to communicate well with user groups and technical organizations, utilizing strong presentation skills combined with a solid technical background
- Able to conceive and articulate vision and architecture to technical and business audiences
- Operate in a high capacity, high stress environment
- Resolve complex problems without guidance. Independently research and promote specialized technical solutions
- Continuously review and update existing standards and procedures
- Provide weekly written status reports and incident reports after hardware/software failures
- Provide primary contact interface with vendors and business units as needed
- Demonstrate flexibility covering night and day shift PAC Analyst activities
- Train and mentor PAC and Production Control Analysts
An equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
|Tell A Friend||Add To Job Cart||Apply Online|